Post FUE First hair wash some lotion won't wash out of my hair what should I do?

Hi it's my first wash and some lotion won't wash out seems to be stuck on the grafts - tried to wash off thoroughly but it's still won't come off what should I do?

Lotion on hair after a hair transplant

Never rub your head after a hair transplant when washing for fear or dislodging grafts. Just wash more often and it will eventually come off

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to contact your doctor for any post operative care and instructions. In general water will wash away excess lotion.

It is best to contact your doctor for any post operative care and instructions.  In general water will wash away excess lotion.  Just go back to your doctor for a follow up if you are concerned.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Washing hair after transplant

Hello Kammy,
At 1 week after surgery, you should be able to wash your hair and remove scabs and lotions by the aid of a soft brush. t helps to keep your hair moisturized in between washes to help loosen the scabs/lotion. You do not have to get it all off in one wash. Leave the rest for the next several hair washes.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon