I want to try microneedling for my PIE acne marks but Im on Retin-a micro and have mild Rosacea, is that a bad idea?

I have a pretty red blotchy face ever since I started Retin-a micro so I thought it was just a side effect and I still do but my derm diagnosed me with Rosacea. I have red marks on my cheeks and my nose is marked from acne and kindof always red bc I constantly have tiny inflamed acne on my nose. I want to do microneedling to improve everything but is it too risky due to the Retin-A micro and possibility of Rosacea?

Micro-Needling Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. There is no contraindication for using a Tretinoin and getting micro-needling done. If you skin is broken out and swollen I would suggest you speak to your dermatologist to get you on a better skin care and acne regimen. It is better to treat skin that is not broken out or irritated since we are creating micro injuries using the micro pen. Micro-needling is an excellent treatment to improve texture and overall appearance of the skin, it is typically our go to treatment for patients who have struggled with acne. Hope this helps, regards Dr.S. 

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Microneedling can be done while on topical creams and is best in combination with other lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.