How to get rid to lines around my lips? (photos)

Is it possible to get rid of jowl lines without any fillers? I don't want fillers a this time because we are planning to get pregnant in a few months or so. I went to a local med spa and they recommended Microneedling treatments. I dont have an issue with pigmentation or acne scars however, I would like to have a more youthful looking face. Im 36 and wondering what other women my age do to keep their face looking fresh and youthful. Thank you.

Microneedling

Microneedling is an excellent option for you with your current situation and prior to your pregnancy! Microneedling is a great, non-invasive treatment that can decrease fine lines, wrinkles, and improve overall skin texture/tone, and brightness!  The procedure works by using a tool (microneedling pen) to induce intended injury to the face, stimulating a new growth of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are essential components of this skin to keep it looking youthful. I can’t speak for what is keeping the skin of other women glowing, but once your pregnancy/breast feeding is complete- I would highly suggest getting on a great skin-care regimen (such as the Obagi Nu-Derm System) to keep your face bright daily!

Columbus Physician

It is possible to get rid of the jowl lines that bother you without getting fillers. Although fillers can be beneficial in softening these lines around the mouth, microneedling is another great option if you know that you do not want filler at this time. Mironeedling devices can vary but usually consists of a pen with tiny needles that penetrate the skin and initiate dermal skin remodeling deep within the skin to revive and rejuvenate the natural production of new collagen and elastin. The results are not usually seen immediately, but do take about a couple of weeks. In addition to helping to soften the lines around the mouth, microneedling is also great for option for the treatment of acne scars, deep wrinkles, stretch marks, and dilated pores.

Neil Sadick, MD

How to get rid to lines around my lips?

Thank you for your question.  Microneedling is usually good for the fine lines in the peri-oral area but not for the deeper nasolabial or marionette lines.  Those are better served with fillers.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Nasolabial Folds - Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

There are a lot of options for improving the nasolabial folds (lines around lips) and this often means fillers for the folds themselves but also lifting around the mouth and cheeks to build underlying anatomical support. In our practice we combine sculptra with other fillers "layered" on top to get the most conservative natural look. For anti-aging we are combining Clear + Brilliant with Mircroneedling/PRP with great results. Please see a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling for nasolabial folds?

Thank you for asking about your facial folds.
  • In your photos, I do not see jowls (fullness along the jaw.)
  • I do see folds at the corner of the mouth (marrionette lines) and from the nose to cheek (nasolabial folds)
  • Microneedling is very unlikely to have any effect on these moles.
  • I suggest you want until after your baby and then have fillers.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Microneedling with PRP for fresh youthful skin!

Hello Simplelife12, 
Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is for the treatment of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance. During this procedure, tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker dermis with the appearance of softer wrinkles.From what I see in your pictures, you are wanting to address the volume loss to the marionette lines. Microneedling will improve the skin texture and tone but will not fill the volume loss in those areas.I would definitely recommend the microneedling with PRP to keep your skin looking fresh and youthful, along with a good skin care regimen.
Hope this helps! Dr Faraz