My dermatologist recommended needling and TCA cross for pitted acne scars. Is it safe?

My dermatologist has recommended performing needling and Tca cross in the same session. Is this safe? I would appreciate your thoughts on this?

Combining TCA and Microneedling for Acne Scars

Hello Newt_001,A combination of TCA with microneedling is an excellent choice to diminish acne scars. Best of luck!  Dr Faraz

Yes, always find the best method for acne scar types

Absolutely. Always find the correct solution for the scar type, and in most acne scar patients a variety of scars will be present, including box car scars, ice pick acne scars, rolling and atrophic acne scars. Combination treatments, as covered by Dr Emer gives the best outcomes. RegardsDr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Combination treatments give the best outcomes, i find that laser with microneedling does much more than microneedling alone.  TCA cross is great for ice pick scars if done by someone meticulous.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling and TCA

The combination of microneedling and TCA is both safe and effective for the treatment of acne scarring.  Good luck!

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can be helped

Microneedling can be combined with TCA peels for pitted acne scars by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.