My chin goes downward on the right side when I smile. Want it fixed. (Photo)

My face and smile look fine when I don't smile, but when I do smile the right bottom side goes downward. I am 51 and it was not like this in my younger years. I have the money and time to get this fixed. What do I need done? I sent close up pics.

Chin asymmetry

Without the benefit of a 3-D cat scan, it does not appear to be a problem with the bone of your chin. On the side view there is some ptosis (drooping) of the soft tissue and some asymmetry. I would get a 3-D cat scan to make sure the bone is symmetrical, and if that is the case, various fillers and/or Botox can be used to improve the soft tissue (skin) asymmetry. It is possible a chin implant can help with the ptosis and asymmetry. Best of luck.

Chin asymmetry

I would definitely want to do an in person examination prior to treatment recommendations. It could be many things causing this. Consult with board certified plastic surgeons to find someone you are comfortable with and proceed from there! Best Wishes!

first thing I'd do is try some botox or dysport there. There seems to be a bony asymmetry of the chin amplifying the muscle droop when you smile. Botox or dysport will make the droopy to not contract and it will also make it smaller.

Easy.

From there you could go to an open reduction of bone.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Chin When Smiling

It appears that your chin is asymmetrical at rest but this is more obvious when smiling. Have you ever had any chin trauma or surgery such as injections or n implant? An examination and possibly an x-ray will be necessary to make a diagnosis before recommending possible treatments.

My chin goes downward on the right side when I smile. Want it fixe

This issue would require an in person exam to determine the cause so make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon. In all likelihood it can be improved with botox.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD