Would gynecomastia that appeared out of a sudden diminish over time, or is surgery needed?

one year ago, I started take Creatine supplement. 5 Months later, I developed a breast tissue (most probably glandular, not fatty) for my weight was and has been almost always the same. What are the odds that this breast tissue would disappear over time or shall I consider a surgery? Thank you

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Only time will tell, once you have stopped the supplement, whether or not the gynecomastia will resolve spontaneously.  Online consultants will not be able to help you with accurate predictions.

If not, see consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia and the Causes

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. 
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

Gynecomastia

If you are taking supplements that are causing the gynecomastia then you will likely see some improvement when you discontinue the substance.  Only time will tell, and it is possible that you may have some element of gynecomastia that will not respond.  You are almost certainly going to have to see a plastic surgeon in person for a proper evaluation and recommendations.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Supplements

Thank you for the question and time will tell.  Stop the supplements and see if it does not resolve.  Unfortunately in my experience you probably will need surgery but waiting would be wise.  Seeing an endocrinologist might also be a good idea while waiting to ascertain nothing else is going on.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia

The problem with taking over-the-counter stuff like this is you have a little idea what's really in it. This is a very common occurrence in our practice. If you can, the best thing to do is stop the product and wait. I would say it's unlikely that it will improve but it's worth trying. If surgery is neededit can be done through a tiny incision in your armpit with no visible scar on the chest removing The gland with a specialized instrument. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon