Breast augmentation revision for upsizing only (Photo)

I recently had breast augmentation. While I'm happy with the results, I would prefer to upsize my implants and change the profile style to accommodate such change. I'm 5'7, 145 pounds, 12.5 BW and currently have 339cc mod+ implants. I've consulted with my PS, but since this will be my 2nd procedure (and hopefully my last for a long time), I'm interested in other opinions/recommendations. I've included 2 pre BA photos, post BA photos and 2 "wish" photos. Thank you kindly in advance :)

Breast augmentation revision for upsizing only

Thank you for your  question.

After viewing your photos, I would recommend a change in the shape of your implant to a more projected style.  Your are thin with a 12.5 cm width and currently have an implant that is wide and not much projection.   My preference would be to use an Inspira style implant which is more narrow and has much more projection.  You could even size up in volume without going any wider than the implant you have.   Personally, I don't use implants more than 1/2 cm wider than the patient's breast width.  At 12.5 cm you have several choices of sizes that would fit your width and not overextend the side of your breast.  Using an implant that is much wider than your breast width increases your risk for the implants to move sideways toward your armpit when lying down. 

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Kara,
  Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures as well as your wish pictures.
 From observing your pictures, you appear to be C cup size with level 2 ptosis on the right side, small double bubble on the right side and quite large areolas. Your goal pictures are between C cup and D cup. Your before pictures appear to be small A cup size. 
 You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches , which is critical for the correct implants size selection, according to your desire.
 Let's assume that you are currently 34 C cup, to become 34 D cup you will need implants with volume of 500 cc. Additionally, you will need the following procedures for optimal outcome: 
 1. Bilateral capsulotomy (capsule release), to make more room for larger implants and obtain natural looking slopes.
 2. Left inferior capsulorrhaphy (internal bra) and right inferior capsulotomy , in order to achieve fold symmetry.
 3. Bilateral areola reduction(donut) , to achieve smaller and more attractive areolas with additional   mini lift (donut) on the right side for for symmetrical nipples position.
  Your best financial option is to return to your original surgeon, however if you lost confidence , consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with youthful and natural look.
                                       Dr Widder

Breast implants

I think you will want to go at least 150cc more, or you will probably not be happy.

Good luck,

Implant revision

You look like a good candidate for a revision but it is hard to say what size and shape would be best for you without an evaluation person..  Best to come in to be evaluated.

If increasing the size I believe at least 100 cc's additional is needed. But than you might be to large? Best to seek in person opinions ONLY!

Upsizing

I would recommend Silicone "gummy bear" round implants which are at least 200cc larger than what you already have to notice a significant difference. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision

While revision surgery is not expected, the most common reason for a second surgery is changing the size of the implants.  Upsizing is generally more straightforward then downsizing.  While the larger implants may require modifying the existing pocket, smaller implants may require performing a breast lift at the same time.  One great tool for deciding on breast implant size is VECTRA 3D imaging which we provide at our office.  

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Thank you for the question. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.