What's the recommended sleeping position during recovery from extended armlift?

I have read on this forum that many women have developed stretched scars on their elbows and they think it has been from holding a book tablet or texting on the phone Post armlift must I keep my arms straight.. I couldn't imagine how awful that would be What is the recommended sleeping position and how long per day should I elevate my arms Do you know anyone in Sydney who you would reccomend for an armlift Doctors here want to use drains , what's the advantages and disadvantages

Arm lift position post-op

Thank you for your arm lift question
Look for a surgeon who is a member of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
The usual position is a slightly flexed arm, elevated on several pilllows but it varies with surgeon's preference and personal experience. Best wishes.

Sleep Position Following Brachioplasty

It's not unusual for patients to be concerned about scarring following brachioplasty surgery. This problem can occur for a variety of reasons following this type of procedure.

In an effort to minimize scarring, surgeons often limit activity in the post-operative period. This, hopefully, minimizes scar spread, especially across the joint surfaces where the closure may be stressed by excessive range of motion. For this reason, we generally recommend that patients sleep in a recliner chair following surgery. This is more comfortable for patients and, hopefully, avoids excess flexion and extension of the elbow.

It's important to realize that each surgeon has his own post-operative regimen. For this reason, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to discuss his recommendation for post-operative activity and how to minimize scarring.

I usually asked patients to lay supine, with their arms elevated above the level the heart as much as possible. Resting the elbows and wrists on 2 pillows usually does the job nicely. Best wishes.

Sleeping After Arm Lift

We recommend laying on your back with your arms elevated on some pillows while sleeping with the elbows slightly bent. It is best to follow your own surgeons post op protocol though so be sure to ask them this question as well.