I have a dark shadow on my nose almost 3 weeks after a closed reduction for a broken nose that is not going away (Photo)

This is my 3rd broken nose and with the other 2 I didn't have long term bruising. I am now 46 years old and very worried this dark shadow won't go away. I also have a bump on the bridge of my left side where he had to put the bone back in place.... What do I do to make the bruising go away? Does it look swollen still? What about the bump? this was not cosmetic, was for a broken nose. My nose wasn't perfect before but now I am so self- conscious about it...

Broken Nose

It is common to have edema and discoloration after a nasal fracture, particularly since this is your third nasal fracture.  It can take a few months for the swelling and discoloration to resolve.  Give your nose time to heal and if after that time period you are still having issues you could consider getting a consultation and further surgical intervention.  Take care,Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS

Nose job and dermal grafting

Thanks for submitting your photos. The best for you will be a nose job and if you want we can do at the same session a dermal graft for the skin because of darkness. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Regards and good luck

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Issues after a Broken Nose

After a closed reduction of a nasal fracture, it will take time for the nose to heal.  Swelling can be present in the nose for a few months.  I would await to judge your nose until that time.  If you still have concerns at that time, you could consider looking into repair the issues with a rhinoplasty.  I hope this helps.