After 7 days of rhinoplasty I hit my nose with my hand. (photos)

Today they just removed my splint. Accidentaly I hit my nose with my fingers, it wasn't that strong hit from the left side, there are no pain no bleeding, but I am afraid if I caused any permanent harm to my nose and spoiled the surgery, by the way I cant go to my surgon to examine me bcause my surgon in another country and I even can not contact him via Email. So please answer me frankly is there any possibilty that this hit might affect the final result.

Nasal trauma post-rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos! Considering a lack of observable changes and a relative absence of pain, no damage was probably done to your nose.  It is always a good idea to visit your doctor and have him/her assess the inside of your nose to make sure you don’t develop any problems on the inside.  Best of luck! An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your condition and obtain reliable medical advice. Dr. Michael Omidi.

Accidentally hit the nose after rhinoplasty

This is more common than you realize!  Without significant pain, bleeding, or noticeable increase in swelling, then it is very unlikely you did any damage. Be sure to discuss your concerns the next time you see your surgeon and continue to care for your nose as you were instructed. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Accidental hit to nose

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry that you inadvertently hit your nose, and certainly understand your concern.  Your description is not an uncommon scenario, and an accidental 'hit' to the nose can happen without warning.  If you are not having much bleeding and/or swelling, I think you should be okay.  I would continue to be cautious, even over and above what you have been doing until all swelling has subsided.  I would also let your surgeon know what happened, if there is any way possible.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Injury post Rhinoplasty

I can understand your concern regarding accidentally hitting your nose after your splint was removed. From you description, i.e. no pain, no bleeding, and no significant swelling I would say that it is unlikely that you caused any permanent damage. Try to avoid any additional accidental contact with your nose and follow your surgeons recommendations concerning your rhinoplasty care after surgery. Hopefully, all will heal as expected and you will be pleased with the outcome. I would inform your physician, by whatever means available to you, and ask for any other specific recommendations. Best Regards. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon