Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation in Europe? (photos)

I've been extremely insecure about my appearance for as long as I can remember and I've concluded that it has to to with my nose and jaw/chin area. I'd probably need rhinoplasty and some sort of chin/jaw augmentation. Please let me know your opinion :) So I'm looking for a very experienced doctor within Europe (not in Norway as surgeons here are very inexperienced with this) that would be able to perform this for me. I've added some pics of how I look now and how I'm picturing my ideal result.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  You can also have a chin implant placed at the same time.  I recommend a medpor implant with screw fixation.  Silicone implants tend to undergo malrotation over time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation in Europe?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries and Chin Augmentations over the past 30 years.  From the photos your nasal tip could be a bit thinner but the chin is quite weak as you have described.   A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

A Tip pasty, without a full Rhinoplasty could be done to thin and refine the nasal tip at the same time.Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

Rhinoplasty is one of the hardest operations to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so it is important to choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin. The digitally altered photos do appear realistic, but by an experienced surgeon. The rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, and refining the nasal tip. Placement of a chin implant can help bring the chin forward to  help with facial balance and proportions. Chin implants are composed of Silastic, are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. The chin implant is usually performed at the same time as the rhinoplasty under general anesthesia. For many  rhinoplasty/chin implant before and afters, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and Chin implant

Hi and thanks for submitting your photos.Based on them for your nose a nasal hump and bone reduction should be done.Your nasal tip should be reshaped.In my opinion you need a jaw implant but it should be a small and medium size.Please consult with a surgeon who is board certified and has experience on chin surgeries.Good luck...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Goos potential candidate.

Thanks for your email inquiry. I recommend an in person consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. In terms of geographic proximity it us generally recommended that your surgeon be relatively close do that proper follow up and post operative care can be ensured. Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty/chin implant

It does seem that both procedures would be appropriate for you and that you have realistic expectations.Your best bet would be to search the ECAMS website/membership and search for a qualified rhinoplasty specialist near you. Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon