Is 700cc HP mentor breast implants too big for me if I'm 5'11 & 160? Currently 36b & want to be a DD but no larger? (Photos)

I am tall and have wide hips I also model and want to look curvier to match my booty but I don't want to be TOO big and not be able to fit into large bikini tops, so I am shooting for going from B to DD with 700cc. I have surgery next week and am going with hp silicone mentor implants. Should I go with 700 or go smaller? What will look the best?

Choosing implant size to go from B to DD cup

There is not a direct correlation between cup size and implant size. However, 700 cc seems to be overly large for your frame.

The size of the implants is based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.  

Consult with your surgeon again to ensure that he or she understands your goals/objectives.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Is 700cc HP mentor breast implants too big for me

Thank you for the question.  Although I do have significant experience with "larger" breast implants, it seems to me like a 700 cc breast implant would be very large for your frame. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.  It will be important for many reasons, that you feel comfortable that you and your plastic surgeon are on the "same page" prior to proceeding.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “look the best” or "DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Is 700 for me?

Thanks for this question. I do not believe that I would have better insight into this situation than your plastic surgeon who has already examined you and recommend this size based on the photos you submitted. If you're not 100% sure about the size, you should discuss your doubts with your PS and perhaps he can formulate a few other options. Your submitted photos demonstrate results with very large breasts and it's obvious you will need big implants to get close to that outcome. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

700 cc Mentor implants

Thank you for your question. Since your surgery is already scheduled for next week, presumably you have already had a thorough consultation with a (hopefully) board-certified plastic surgeon. Your chest measurements should have been taken into consideration when your Mentor implants were selected; as well as a "trial" fitting of the desired implants you are interested in. 700 cc implants are very large, and may end up being bigger than you initially thought you wanted. If you have continued questions, NOW is the time to return to your plastic surgeon's office and have a "second talk" or an additional fitting before your implants are ordered and implanted. Very good luck to you. 

Is 700cc HP mentor breast implants too big for me if I'm 5'11 & 160? Currently 36b & want to be a DD but no larger?

700cc breast implants are huge and will deform your breasts and make you look top heavy. Implant size should be based on the measurement of the base width of your breast-the base width of the implant should match. For more information please read below: