Alcohol induced gynecomastia. (photos)

Hi I am 6'0 and 198 pounds. From 2006-2015 I heavily abused alcohol and would have cycles of extreme binge eating followed by periods of extreme restriction and over exercise. 2014 until the end of 2015 was the most extreme binge drinking/eating cycle, causing me to go up to 300 pounds. Since January I've lost weight. Now I am noy sure whether my chest size is reversible, and if would have to be less than 180 lbs to see results. I welcome advice.

Gynecomastia-

Thank you for your question. In order for you to treat the gynecomastia you will need excision of the gland. I would recommend an in person consultation. Please seek an experienced plastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

RE: Alcohol induced gynecomastia

Based on your photos and your history, it's likely that you would benefit from excision of your gynecomastia with a procedure combining liposuction along with glandular excision.  Although you describe significant weight fluctuation, it appears that your skin elasticity is still reasonable, and a well-executed procedure by a gynecomastia specialist would give you a good result.  

Richard Silverman, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Male Breast Size After Weight Loss

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gynecomastia

You would benefit from excision of the gynecomastia as well as liposculpture.  This would make the chest smaller and flatter. Best to go to a board certified plastic surgeon

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Once you have real gynecomastia it is there to stay.

Once you have real gynecomastia it is there to stay. The only solution is excision of the gland.

You should look for a n experienced gynecomastia surgeon

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia surgery

Weight loss will have a nominal effect on your chest contour. Male breast reduction surgery involves removal of glandular tissue as well as surrounding fat. Consult with a BCPS for your care. 

DrBurnett#realself100