Post Gynecomastia surgery looking for fix for slight concavity/contour deformity with flat nipples pulling inward? (Photo)

I had gynecomastia surgery roughly 8 years ago and felt oaky with the results but still do not feel fully comfortable with my chest. My nipples look perfect when they harden and skin tightens to any degree. With that being said, anytime I flex my pectorals the areola pulls slightly inward and pulls the nipples in with it. My right nipple is also still flat/inverted and the areola bunches pretty badly. I'm not sure what the best options are for me. My nips/areola are tethered slightly inward.

Fixable !

You developed scar bands between the nipple on each side and the underlying pecs. In most cases, this is easily corrected under local anesthesia through tiny incisions (1/8 inch) -- with the release of the scars and grafting of a very small amount of fat beneath each nipple.

Dr. Dave Teplica

Slight Concavity/Contour Deformity with Flat Nipples Pulling Inward

It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Post Gynecomastia surgery looking for fix for slight concavity/contour deformity with flat nipples pulling inward?

That is likely relating to injury of the pec fascia which causes adhesions to the areolar skin. Contour deformities can be corrected with fat grafting. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon