I want my nipples smaller because everyones make fun of me

People make fun of me because of my big niple

About Gynecomastia with Puffy Nipples Complex

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.

Nipple reduction

Thank you for the photo.  I agree that your areola and nipple complex is larger than probably desired.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Tim Neavin, MD

Nipple Reduction

Thank you for the question and picture.  You can definitely undergo a nipple reduction procedure.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. JSB

Unhappy with nipple size

Hello, there are methods to decrease the size of the nipples so if you are unhappy you could book a consult with a plastic surgeon to learn about your options.

Nipple Reduction

Nipple reduction is a simple procedure done under local anesthesia that can immediately derease unwanted amounts of nipple projection.

Nipple reduction

A nipple reduction can be performed. This can often be done under local with very little downtime. Good luck.

Nipple reduction

Hi there,

There is a very good solution for large nipples, so this is good news. There are two parts to a nipple - the nipple itself, which is the projecting part, and the areola, which is the pigmented area around the nipple.

The first thing to say is that your nipples look within the normal range, so its is a pity you are being teased. But please don't think your nipples are overly large or unsightly, they are not.

If when you think it through, you'd like a reduced areola size, then it will require a minor surgery.  It can even be done under local anaesthesia, painless but with you awake.

The surgery is called an intraareolar areola reduction. Basically, a donut of skin is removed all within the areola itself. When it's all stitched together, it effectively reduces the areola size.  It does not affect nipple sensation, or breast feeding.

It leaves a circular scar all within the pigmented part of the areola, and this is an area where scars typically heal very well.  The scar may remain visible over time. If it becomes pale, and is quite visible, then you can easily have it tattooed to match the areolar color.  This effectively "paints out" the scar.

I use this technique quite often and it is simple, safe, effective, and in most cases leaves a scar that becomes hard to see over time.

All the very best,

Howard Webster
Plastic Surgeon