How bad is my gynecomastia? How much will the surgery cost in NJ? (Photo)

on a scale of 1 to 10 I would say you are way up there. We do these with a hidden incision in the armpit using a specialized instrument to grind up and remove the gland without leaving a scar on the front of the chest.get yourself a few opinions from board certified plastic surgeons and good luck with it.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

About Gynecomastia & Costs for Treatment

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. 
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.  #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. 
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on, or

Thanks for the photos.  There appears to be skin, fat, and glandular components to your condition. I would describe this as moderate to severe gynecomastia.  Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience doing this particular type of surgery. 

Tim Neavin, MD

How bad is my gynecomastia? How much will the surgery cost in NJ?

Is it will be important to make the correct diagnosis before determining the best course of treatment. Most patients who are concerned about tissue below the nipple/areola complexes present with gland tissue in the area, not adipose tissue. In these cases, direct excision of the glandular tissue plus/minus liposuction surgery is usually indicated. For the rare patient who presents with adipose tissue only, liposuction surgery only may be indicated. 

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites (including attached link) as well.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Thank you for the questions and pictures.  It appears that you have gynecomastia which could be successfully treated with corrective plastic surgery.  Please contact board certified plastic surgeons in NJ who have performed several male breast reduction surgeries.

Sever gynecomastia NJ (New Jersey)

It looks like you have severe gynecomastia.My advise is that you should chose a plastic surgeon very carefully .How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Treatment of gynecomastia

Yours is a moderately-severe case and would require surgery for a major improvement.  Most often, surgery would involve liposuction to shape the chest and gland excision to remove virtually all of the breast tissue.  

Best to consult with several physicians who have expertise in treatment of gynecomastia.  You can obtain much more information from my website (below) which is totally devoted to gynecomastia surgery.

Good luck!

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City