Is my gynecomastia noticeable or too large? (Photo)

I am 16 I weigh 130lbs and I am not overweight I'm more on the skinny side and I'm 5'5 I been lifting and it got bigger than it initially was also I have a double chin and I don't know why because I'm skinny

About Gynecomastia & the Causes

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Is my gynecomastia noticeable or too large?

Thank you for the question and picture. I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Physical examination will be key when it comes providing you with an accurate diagnosis. Based on your description, it is possible that you are dealing with gynecomastia. "Gynecomastia" comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and "mastos" meaning breasts. It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. Although there may be many “causes”, most cases are idiopathic (no specific cause). The use of certain medications, drugs, organ dysfunction (kidney or liver), hormonal imbalances etc. may also be causative. Persistence gynecomastia is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue liposuction surgery may suffice. If/when the time comes for surgical intervention, please make sure that you seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.You may find the attached link, dedicated to gynecomastia concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

You certainly have gynecomastia that should be corrected with surgery. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Large gynecomastia California

True gynecomastia is not fat ,but gland

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD