Is my radix too low, and would I benefit from a filler? (Photo)

I had a rhino in '09 & still have a hump (left picture). Some drs say a further reduction would impact my breathing. Other wouldn't change it. I'm aware of the revision risks, so I am looking into fillers. The red line in the photos shows where my radix falls. Currently (left) it falls just below my pupil, at my lower eyelid. Is this low? Is the right picture (photoshopped filler) more ideal, or would a filler make radix too projected/unnatural? I realize it's temp. Thank you for your help.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty of the nasal bridge

If you prefer the after photo that you have created then a dermal filler is an excellent option in helping to create the nasal bridge that you have photo shopped for yourself.  Your radix is not extremely low and though there are many aesthetic "rules" rhinoplasty surgeons follow to help create the nose that patients desire, there is also personal preference which must be taken into account.  A consultation and discussion with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would be an excellent way to express your desires.  I will tell you that if performed correctly, and perhaps with the use of spreader grafts,  lowering your nasal dorsum further should not compromise your airway.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty option in revision

Yes, you appear to be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty with filler injection. Speaking with several plastic surgeons will give you different opinions, as there isn't a "best" option. A filler to the radix area is a reasonable option to improve the appearance of the nose.
Best,Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. While your radix is not extremely low, if you prefer the picture with the higher radix, you would be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty. An in-person consultation would be helpful to see if this is the right procedure for you. Good luck!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

The radix looks pretty good to me on the photo.  Filler could be placed if you so desire.  Best of luck.

Revision Rhinoplasty Concerns

Thanks for your post. In my view, your radix is fine and would look unnatural with filler augmentation. The line in the photo is not exactly perpendicular to the mid pupillary line and is probably not that accurate.

Refining your original result with further dorsal reduction and improvement of the overall length would not necessarily cause nasal airway issues if performed correctly. I would consult with a reputable, experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon for an opinion on how to best proceed. Computer imaging studies may be helpful in defining your aesthetic goals and planning for further correction. I complete in-person examination is essential in obtaining the best recommendations. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for radix

I honestly think the radix is fine. If you think it is too low, an experienced injector can fill the area to elevate the radix. Please make sure the physician has experience injecting this area, as it can be dangerous if done by someone with little experience.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal filler

thank you for the picture.  I agree, that there is still a bit of dorsal projection giving you a slight hump.  honestly, fillers can work very well to help give you a great result very close to your simulated after picture.  either restylane or juvederm ultra would work exceedingly well to accomplish what you want and give you close to a year of results.  you may want a touch up at 6-9 months, but often i find that patients who have a "liquid rhinoplasty" are happy for around a year or so.  best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Fillers may be able to address a revision, and you can consider other procedures, including blepharoplasty, facelifts, cheek and chin implants to work around the nose. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon as the in-person examination will procure a diagnosis tailored to your face and needs.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon