Hard bump on side of nose after closed rhinoplasty with osteotomies? (Photos)

I had a closed rhinoplasty with osteotomies about two weeks ago. Immediately after removing the bandage I noticed a bump on the side where my hump used to be. The doctor advised this was most likely swelling but it has not disapated whatsoever since. It is also slightly painful to touch. Is this bone? My other side is also still very swollen, which I think (hope) is causing it to look a bit asymmetrical.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Bump

The bump is likely the very edge of your nasal bone which was infractured during the rhinoplasty and may have moved outward a bit.  Once it has healed sufficiently it may be amenable to rasping to smooth out this lateral nasal sidewall.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Post op issues

Ash000, none of us should or can answer this question based on photos only in a post operative patient. See your physician and if after several months you are still worried see an experiienced specialist for a second opinion. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry yet!

It is normal after osteotomies to feel contour irregularities for several weeks.  Bones heal by formation of something known as callus.  It begins as blood fills in where the break occurs.  Reparative bone cells fills in the gap and will be excessive at first. This is the callus.  After several weeks remodeling occurs and things generally smooth out.  This is the way all bone heals.  Your doctor will check you again if things do not smooth out.  That is a good question that often comes up after osteotomies.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post rhinoplasty

thank you for the pictures.  As your doctor noted, it is very early on and there is a fair bit of swelling.  bones take between 4 and 6 weeks to heal, so pressing down on that area will certainly be tender, irrespective of whether or not that little bump is an out of place nasal bone.  give the swelling time to come down, and continue to keep your doc up to date.  there are certain maneuvers and things that can be done to ensure things heal exactly as you would want them.  for now, enjoy your nose! you are looking great for 2 weeks.  best of luck on the rest of your recovery. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Too early to tell at this point. You may be feeling the spot where the osteotomies were performed...