Is the swelling less the third time with Kybella as you have less fat?

Kybella and Swelling

You have to have swelling with Kybella to destroy the fat since this is the basis of the reaction.  There is no way to avoid the swelling but it may be less with each subsequent treatment as more fat is reduced.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling after Kybella

I tell my patients to expect swelling and jiggling for 2-4 weeks. Numbness lasts about 6 weeks. And then there are lumps and bumps for up to 8 weeks as well. Swelling does not fully resolve for a few months so i don't re-inject for a few months.  With less material injected, there is less swelling.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Swelling is less with each Kybella treatment

The swelling is typically less and less with each treatment of Kybella. The reason for this is that the overall amount of fat that is being treated should be less with each session. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Kybella

Typically with each treatment less product is used due to the fact that there is less submental fat being treated.  With each treatment, you can usually expect less and less swelling.  Good luck and enjoy your Kybella results. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling decreases with each Kybella treatment

Yes, swelling is usually the most significant after the first Kybella treatment and decreases with subsequent treatments. As you mentioned, this is largely due to the fact that as the amount of submental fat decreases, less Kybella is required with each treatment.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Decreased swelling

Typically the swelling is less each subsequent Kybella injection.  My patients are experiencing 25-50% swelling per injection.  But as always, these results can vary especially depending on how much submental fat you have.

Justin B. Maxhimer, MD
Boulder General Surgeon

Expect Swelling after Kybella

Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.
Bruising, swelling and mild discomfort can be expected following your treatment. These issues should resolve within 72 hours.
You will be asked to avoid exercising during this time and to take it easy in general. This is just a precautionary measure to reduce overall bruising and swelling. Each session will be similar from our experience.

#Kybellafatremoval   #doublechintreatments   #Kybelladestroysfat

What to Expect After Succeeding Kybella Treatment

Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, which is something naturally produced in our own body. Deoxycholic acid produced in the body helps absorb fat cells. Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.
Bruising, swelling and mild discomfort can be expected following your treatment-- regardless of the number of times you have a treatment session.

#Kybellaaftercare   #bruisingafterKybella  #Kybellafattreatment

Is the swelling less with the third Kybella treatment?

You are correct.  The swelling will likely be less during your during Kybella treatment because you have less fat to treat and you will require less product to be injected.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Swelling less after Kybella

Yes, typically the swelling is reduced with each treatment.  This may be because less product is usually used for each subsequent session (because there is less fat to treat).

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon