Kybella Vial and Injections?

Hi, I wanted to inquire about Kybella. I was wondering if the standard per vial is same everywhere (What is the number of injections per vial and are the vials going to contain the same amount everywhere?) What is the standard price per vial in NY and NJ area (estimate is fine, I understand each surgeon will charge different. I just want to have an idea.) About how many vials are needed per session?

Kybella Treatment - Average Number of Vials and Cost

As a national physician trainer for Kybella since its FDA approval, my experience has been that 2-4 vials are typically used per treatment session.  In the FDA clinical trials, 4-6 vials per session were used, but in clinical practice the cost and amount of swelling with this larger volume treatment are not generally practical.  Typical pricing is approximately $600 per vial, although cost varies depending upon the practice and the location.  All vials contain an equal amount of deoxycholic acid, 2 ml.  While treatments were performed 4 weeks apart in clinical trials, I recommend waiting 6-8 weeks between treatments because some numbness and tingling, and even some swelling, may still be present at 4 weeks.  Also, continued improvement in the contour of the chin may be seen after 4 weeks.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Vials and Injections

There is one standard vial for Kybella injections and generally it takes 2 or 3 vials per patient and two to four visits for Kybella depending on the size of the submental fat area.  Since this is a permanent injection you need to consult with a board certified dermatologist who has been trained and injected many Kybella patients for the best cosmetic result.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Vial and Injections

The average person uses at total of 2-4 vials of Kybella over two sessions. The average person gets 20 injections at each session. This varies depending on how large your face/neck is and how much fat you have.  The average cost is $600 per vial. Most people need 2 sessions and pay around $2400 for the full treatment.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Thank you for your question. I suggest you consult with a handful of experienced board certified facial plastic surgeons in your area to determine the local market prices and understand timeline/treatment details. The number of vials per patient depends on the treatment area.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella dosing

Kybella is dispensed in standard 2mL vials.  If someone is telling you otherwise I would question where they are obtaining product.  The typical number of injections per vial is 10.  Price per vial depending on where you live is probably between 600-700+.  The amount of product you need is dependent on the size of the area you need treated.  For a first treatment most people will need 2 vials.  Best of luck!

The Newest Injectable Treatment for Chin Fat

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out.  Expertly-trained providers can suggest a calculated amount that will give optimal results.

#Kybellareducesfat   #doublechintreatments   #Kybelladestroysfat

Kybella Vial and Injections?

Kybella comes in 2 cc vials. The patient has to be marked and a grid is placed on their skin. 0.2 cc of Kybella solution has to be injected on each dot of the grid. That means that 10 injection sites will be covered by the 2 cc vial. You will not know how many injection sites will be required until the grid is placed on the skin. The most common amount of vials uses is 2.

The usual price per vial fluctuates between $600-800.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Vials and Pricing

The amount of Kybella required for each treatment will depend on the amount of fullness that the patient has. The average patient will need to be treated with 2 vials per treatment, and will require two to four treatments for maximum benefit.  It is best to have a consultation with an expert to get a better idea as to what your treatments might require.  At this point the average pricing for a vial is $600-$750 across the country.  Good luck!

Thank you the great question regarding Kybella. I am one of the first to use Kybella in Bergen County NJ and have several patients who have completed the course. The results have been very good and the patients are very happy. The vial contains a standard amount. Most patients require two vials per session and do well with three sessions, thirty days apart. Some require more some less depending on the amount of fullness. My costs are $600 dollars per vial. We offer complimentary consultation and 100% financing. Hope this answers your question.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Kybella, vials, and treatment sessions

Most Dermatologist offices are charging $600-$800 per vial of Kybella.  For most patients, each session will utilize 2 vials of the medication, and optimal cosmetic results are achieved after 2-4 treatment sessions which are usually spaced 1 month apart from each other.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon