Can I work out/do cardio a day after kybella?

Hi, so I do a lot of physical training on a regular basis. I was wondering if I would be able to work out and do intensive cardio about 24+ hours after Kybella. Was planning on getting injected a Saturday (working out, then going to get injection) and then going back to work out on a Monday. I work out hard core about 3 times a week. Thank you. Concerns: I heard there will be more bruising and swelling if I do choose to work out because rise of BP?

Kybella Treatment After-Care

Bruising and swelling will persist 48-72 hours after Kybella injections. We suggest minimizing strenuous exercise for at least 48 hours ( weight lifting, Pilates, running ) to reduce the longevity of the swelling and obtain optimal results sooner. 

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Kybella : What to Expect after Treatments

Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.
Bruising, swelling and mild discomfort can be expected following your treatment. These issues should resolve within 72 hours. You will be asked to avoid exercising during this time and to take it easy in general. We suggest avoidance of over-the-counter supplements such as green tea, Omega 3s as well as aspirin products to minimize bruising and swelling.

#Kybellainjections   #Kybellaaftercare   #Kybellatreatments

Exercising After Kybella Treatment

Swelling is one of the most common side effects following treatment with Kybella and typically lasts 5 days to 2 weeks; but can be present for up to one month.  Several of my patients have reported a "jiggling" sensation of the chin area when walking following Kybella treatment, due to swelling.  Other possible side effects include temporary numbness, a feeling of difficulty swallowing (due to swelling), and bruising.  Regarding exercise following Kybella treatment, I advise my patients that they may want to take it easy, avoiding very strenuous exercise, for the first 5 days or so following treatment.  Typical timing would be that if you are treated on a Thursday, you can resume your usual activities by the following Tuesday.  Mild to moderate exercise may be fine after 48 hours, but that will depend on how much swelling you have.  In my practice I recommend performing Kybella treatments approximately 8 weeks apart; and swelling typically diminishes with each successive treatment.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella After Care

Bruising, swelling and mild discomfort can be expected following your treatment. These issues should resolve within 72 hours. You will be asked to avoid exercising during this time and to take it easy in general. This is just a precautionary measure to reduce overall bruising and swelling.   The less micro-bruising in the first 72 hours, the faster the healing process! 

#Kybellabruising  #doublechinfat   #Kybellaworkouts

Exercising after Kybella

I would recommend waiting at least a good 24 hours before vigorous exercise after you have Kybella injected.  I don't think that exercise would necessarily hurt your end results, but the increase heart rate and blood flow to your head might cause you to have more swelling than you would otherwise.  Some degree of swelling is normal for the first several days and will dissipate over the first week.  Better just to relax the day of your treatment and apply some cool packs as necessary to the area to help minimize the initial swelling.  Best of luck!

Kybella, Swelling, Workout

Swelling for weeks is typical after Kybella injection.
Working out after treatments increases circulation and may decrease healing times.
Work outs should be performed with the face and head above the heart to prevent additional swelling.
Please use this information when discussing your treatment and options with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Exercise after Kybella

I tell my patients to refrain from exercise for 24 hours after Kybella injections because of the swelling immediately after the procedure.  Strenuous exercise could increase the swelling.  Best, Dr. Green

Work out after Kybella.

There is usually some swelling and induration(firmness) for several days following kybella treatments.  I advise my patients to avoid strenuous exercise for several days following injections.  However this probably would not affect the results but may lead to increased swelling. 

Lawrence Rosenberg, MD
Lutherville Timonium Plastic Surgeon

Working out after Kybella

I often encourage my patients to return back to working out 24 hours after Kybella. There aren't typically any restrictions on activity level.  The schedule you listed seems reasonable. There is always a chance to get bruising after the treatment but should be minimal. Swelling is often maximal at 24 hours and gradually resolves over 2-3 days. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, working out the day after Kybella treatment is OK!

There are no absolute activity contraindications following Kybella treatments, as I have had patients go surfing and do yoga the same day of their Kybella treatment without any complications or negative impact on the efficacy of their Kybella treatment. However, as other physicians have mentioned, doing intense physical activity could potentially cause more pronounced swelling, so it might be wise to wait 24 hours before doing a vigorous workout.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon