Will I be able to process the break downs of the fats being removed from the Kybella?

I want to do Kybella, but I don't have a gall bladder, will i be able to process the break downs of the fats being removed from the Kybella

Kybella Treatment is Safe, Even in the Absence of A Gallbladder

Having trained over 20 dermatologists and plastic surgeons in the Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia areas to date, I can say that I am very comfortable with the safety profile of Kybella, the first FDA-approved injectable substance for the treatment of submental fat or "double chin."  If your body is able to break down fat that you consume daily in your diet, then you will be able to metabolize Kybella.  

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybellla and Lack of Gallbladder

The lack of a gallbladder will not have any impact at all on you receiving Kybella injections and its functions.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for this permanent cosmetic injection.  Best, Dr. Green

Different mechanism than how you digest fat you eat

You are totally fine getting Kybella without a gallbladder.  The fat cells are cleared with janitor cells called macrophages.  Great question though!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella Treatments for Chin FAT

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out.
KYBELLA®is considered a prescription and  can be used in adults to improve the profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin . The treated fat is naturally eliminated by the lymphatic system to result in an improved appearance.

#Kybellatreatsfat    #chinfatreduction   #doublechintreatments

Kybella

The two are unrelated and should have a good result from Kybella. The fact that you don't have a Gallbladder is not an issue. Good question.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you will be able to process the fat that is liberated as the fat cells are destroyed in your chin area. This process does not involve the gall blader.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

This really is a great question.  The beauty of Kybella is that the fat dissolves into tiny particles directly at the sight of injection.  Because of this, the digestion, break down, and clean up, all happen right in the same area on the cellular level.  There is no need for you gall bladder, or lack of one, to be involved in this process.  

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella after cholecystectomy

Dear tosborn:

The gallbladder secretes substances including deoxycholic acid that help to digest fats in the intestines after eating. Fat from cells dissolved by the deoxycholic acid in the submental area enter the circulation and are taken up by and digested in the liver. The gall bladder is not involved in this process. So you should be fine!

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella Gallbladder

Having performed gallbladder removals as part of my surgical training before plastic surgery, I just want to echo the counsel of my colleagues: You should not experience any issues processing the fat dissolved by Kybella. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Nathan

Nirmal Nathan, MD
Plantation Physician

Kybella after Gallbladder Removal

The gallbladder is not necessary for fat digestion.  As long as your liver is functioning, and you can process dietary fat, you should not have problems after Kybella.  To go over all of the risks and benefits, you should consult a trained injector.  Good luck!