$300-$350 per vial for kybella? Trust or no?

Hi, I am getting quoted from a couple of NY Plastic Surgeons for that price per session. However, most answers I am hearing online quote for about $600 or so per vial. So is this low price normal? Should I trust it. Thanks.

Price for Kybella

The price of $300 for Kybella is extremely low and would not even cover the cost of the product.  I would be wary and consult an expert in Kybella. Best, Dr. Green

Seems Pretty Low

Most dermatologic surgeons and plastic surgeons are charging about $600 - 800 per vial; each vial has 2 cc of Kybella solution in it.  It typically will take 2-3 vials per treatment, and 2-4 treatments to see results like the company shows in their before and after pictures.

That price seems very low.  They might be brand new injectors and offering the procdure at cost to get practice. Did you check to see if they are Board Certified in Plastic Surgery?   Best wishes, I'd be interested in hearing how things go. 

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

I would be very careful

The price you are quoting seems very low per vial.  I would make sure that you are consulting with board certified plastic surgeons.  A price closer to 600-700 per vial is more realistic.  Remember, this is your face you are talking about and you only get one face.  Find a reputable surgeon and don't be afraid to pay quality prices for quality services.  This might also be some gimmick to get you in the door, only to find out that the actual treatment is much more than the advertised price.  Please be careful and best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

That cost is too little- should be around 700 per vial

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
All three will give you some skin tightening.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Depend on Providers with Expertise to Treat with Kybella

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin.  Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out.   Since this is a sophisticated treatment, it would be worthwhile to consult with only providers with skilled expertise.  At our office, we offer complimentary consultations prior to treatments.

#Kybelladestroysfat    #doulbechintreatments   #Kybellaforfat

$300 for Kybella

The price you are quoting is much less than is typically charged, so you are right to be questioning the validity of the offers.  I would check to make sure you are working with board certified doctors and well-trained injectors.  It is possible that people are offering very low prices just to "get you in the door", but I would be wary of this.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Cost

Make sure you are seeking treatment from a board certified plastic surgeon who is knowledgeable about the product and the anatomy.  In our office we charge $600 dollars per vial.  Typically most patients will need 2-3 vials per treatment and anywhere between 2-4 treatments. In plastic surgery cheaper isn't necessarily the way to go ... you get what you pay for and it's your body!

Kybella cost

Hello chancewithlove,

Please ensure that you are receiving a quote from a reputable board-certified physician. Search for the physician's credentials and their reviews. $300 is very low compared to The standard fee and would not even cover the overhead for the treatment. Be safe and good luck on your endeavor.
Dr, Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella Options

Please consult with additional surgeons to ensure that you are being quoted fairly. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice. With the advent of injectables and laser technology, there have been unfortunate increases in the number of doctors willing to step out of their training niche and market themselves as experts with these techniques. If you do your homework, you will learn which doctors and surgeons are the most reputable.

As for your decision to utilize Kybella, I strongly recommend Kybella treatment. In fact, I have underwent Kybella myself. Please see the attached video for my results.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella cost

The cost of the product is more than that. I charge $600 dollars per syringe per session. Most of my patients require two syringes and three sessions. The results have been very impressive and the patients are happy. Usually you get what you pay for. Hope this helps!

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon