7-8 weeks post-op Gynecomastia surgery, suddenly this pinhole wound opened on nipple/areola line. Advice?

I had surgery 7-8 weeks ago , had hematoma then seroma on left side but it healed well , the right did not have any issue but suddenly this pinhole size wound opened under my nipple/areola line , it leaked white pus , then it leaked yellowish/red fluid , then i applied anti-biotics (fucidic acid and sometimes polyfax) and took Velosef antibiotics , but it doesnt seem to heal and still leaks a drop of blood or so. My surgeons out of country so cant go to him.

Pinhole Wound Opened 7-8 Weeks Post-Op

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

While there is still more time for your scars to heal, there is no reason to allow an open wound to remain so it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to see if new stitches are needed or if there may be another problem.

Pinhole wound

You should see another local plastic surgeon for wound care recommendations. In the meantime keep the wound clean by using antibacterial soap. Also take multivitamins and zinc supplements to promote wound healing. 

DrBurnett#realself100

In this case of infection and pus discharge you need to see a surgeon ASAP. In the meantime allow for the discharge to come out of the small hole. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon