Is it ok to sit directly on your butt 6 weeks after bbl?

I had a bbl and im wondering if ill be fine sitting for long period such as going to the restaurant and sitting directly on my butt after 6weeks ?

Follow your surgeon's post op instructions since they slightly differ from surgeon to surgeon.  In general, patients are able to sit directly on the buttocks 6 weeks after surgery.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift revision/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL and sitting

Every surgeon is different in what their post-operative management is. I allow patients to sit on the buttocks by about 2-3 weeks but not for very long times and I tell them to change position often.

BBL

Every surgeon will have a slightly different aftercare protocol based on their technique, experiences and beliefs but I recommend that my patients do not put any pressure on the buttocks for at least 3 weeks post op as it can increase the risk of the fat cells not surviving. After 3 weeks and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon