Swelling after Voluma? Is this normal?

I keep hearing that there is little to no swelling with Voluma. But I do feel I'm a little swollen. If this is my final look,  I'll be so upset. I feel like my face shape resembles an alien now.

Swelling after Voluma

All fillers cause some degree of swelling.  The amount of swelling depends on much more than the product. Equally important are the injection technique, the location of the injection, the age of the patient, the patient's tendency toward bruising or bleeding, tissue reactivity (histamine response), and the amount of product injected.  The product itself is only one factor in how much swelling occurs. To hasten recovery, you can keep your head elevated during the day, apply cool compresses, stay out of the extreme heat and avoid prolonged exercise with an elevated HR. Allow two weeks for your face to settle. If the result is still not what you want, return to your physician. Voluma can be gently dissolved to produce the desired result. Best wishes.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Voluma Swelling

Every patient is going to react to filler in a different way. Swelling is a common post op occurrence and, depending on how your body heals, may last 1-2 weeks. If you still don't like your final results after the swelling has completely resolved, one of the advantages of Voluma is that it is reversible. Hope this helps. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Voluma? Is this normal?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after Voluma

With any filler injections, there will be some degree of swelling. It depends on the amount of filler injected, technique used, amount of  bleeding during procedure etc. It is not uncommon to see some degree of swelling for 48-72 hours after Voluma injections. This should be only mild if performed gently and correctly.Any significant swelling (unilateral) or discomfort should be reported to your provider.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. The swelling you are experiencing is part of the recovery process and tends to subside within 2-4 weeks after the procedure. You are not at the final appearance, but I suggest that you schedule a follow-up appointment with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss the best recovery practices so as to ensure you can undergo the best recovery process possible.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is swelling normal after Voluma?

Thank you for your question. Swelling is common after filler injections. I advise my patients to avoid activities that cause facial flushing including exercising, saunas, alcohol consumption, heat application, etc. until swelling resolves. Application of soft ice pack to the treated area for 15 minutes every couple of hours will help with the swelling. If you are still not happy with your results two weeks after injection, return to your injecting physician to discuss your concerns.

Swelling after Voluma

Swelling is possible after voluma. An experienced and expert physician can limit the probability of swelling and reduce the extent of the swelling post treatment.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Swelling post voluma

All fillers will swell.  In certain people voluma will swell and others it won't.  I find Voluma really takes a good 4 weeks to settle.  Be patient and I'm sure you will love your results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Voluma

You may have some swelling for a few days to up to 2 weeks. Early on, massage can be helpful. If you have any concerns, please go see the doctor you injected you and discuss your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Voluma

Thank you for your question EmalMo. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the cheeks. After any injection swelling can occur and can last up to two weeks, and in some cases even longer. I have my patients return two weeks after their treatment to take after photographs and compare them with their before photographs in order to assess their results. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician