Can voluma move around post procedure?

I had voluma injected 4 weeks ago. on my left cheek it feels like the products is not on the apples of my cheek anymore but my lower cheek towards my upper jaw. Is this possible?

Although there may be a bit of movement immediately after your injection, Voluma isn't going to move weeks later. My best advice would be for you to make an appointment with the surgeon who did your injections to discuss. It sounds as if the filler may have been placed too low to achieve your desired result.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. While Voluma might move around slightly in the days following the injection, it can not move around weeks after the injection. I am curious as to your healing process throughout the recovery as you may be experiencing some of the side effects that should have been presented immediately following the injection. Please discuss with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Moves a little

Voluma can move a little as it is a gel and can be altered some by muscular activity.  It can also be molded some by hand.  It is a thick gel so it does not migrate very well.

Voluma and Migration

Voluma can not move weeks after the injection.  It sounds as if an area too low was injected.  Please consult an expert with these cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma Results

No, after injected Voluma will not "migrate" to another area on the face. It really shouldn't with proper placement.  Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Can Voluma move around post procedure?

Thank you for your question.  Because of its thick gel consistency Voluma is unlikely to migrate to surrounding tissues and I would recommend seeing your injector for an in-person examination and discussion of your current results. 

Product Movement after Injection

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you feel the product has moved. Typically, Voluma is a relatively "firm" filler, meaning that when it is placed in a certain area of the face it will provide a very nice lift and volume. It is unusual for the product to move that significantly - what may have happened is that you had some residual swelling that occurred near the filler and now that swelling has resolved. Also, in some cases you may not be able to feel the filler but that doesn't mean that it wasn't placed in the correct spot. If you have additional concerns, I would suggest following up directly with your injector. Best of luck! 

Does Voluma move

Thank you for your question brooklove90. Voluma is a great treatment to enhance the cheeks. I have not seen Voluma move from the upper cheek to the lower cheek. Typically part of the syringe is placed on the bone in the upper cheek and another part is placed in the skin below this. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician