Voluma left me asymmetrical. Do you think I should add to the other side? (Photo)

voluma left me asymmetrica l (and u can see filler in some areas) bc it was put in the buccal hollow and under zygomatic area. 11 attempts at dissolving helped only by 30%. i am afraid that more hyaluronidase will destroy my skin because at this rate it would need another several injections. the asymmetry is killing my self-esteem, so staying like this for 6 mos is not an oiption. shoul i add to the larger part and just call it a day? where would you add for balance?

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Increasing the amount of filler in the hopes of balancing the face tends to be for naught. Nobody has a symmetrical face, and it is a lengthy and costly exercise to find that symmetry. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns during an in-person examination.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Results

Yes, you can certainly add more filler, but also keep in mind that no one's face is perfectly symmetrical. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry Caused By Voluma

Thank you for your question! By nature, all of us are asymmetric. Nobody's face is identical on each side. With that being said, it is possible that the left side of your face was previously a little more pronounced before injections and the voluma enhancement has just brought that asymmetry out and made it more obvious.  I think your self esteem is critically important and the main reason why the asymmetry needs to be addressed. Adding a bit more voluma to the right side of the face would make the cheeks appear more even and symmetric. The right side of your face is likely the more volume depleted and flatter side of your face and thus requires more volume to match the left, naturally fuller side. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Voluma left me asymmetrical. Do you think I should add to the other side?

You can most certainly add some more filler to your right cheek to decrease the asymmetry, however, it may be worth while to take a look at your photos prior to the treatment.  Very often patients do not realize that the face is not symmetrical to start with and after treatment begin to see the asymmetry simply because they look more carefully. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Voluma Results and Un-happiness , Can Be Reversed with Hyaluronidase

I suggest adding more filler or considering sculptra as your base and some extra voluma to contour.  Please see a facial sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Asymmetries after Voluma

Thank you for your question. If your asymmetry is affecting you this much, then yes, I would add more Voluma to your right cheek to help you achieve more balance. You have beautiful cheekbones to start - you likely shouldn't even need a full syringe to achieve more of a symmetry. I would just go very slowly - discuss your concerns with your injector, and ensure you are going to an injector who has a lot of experience, and has before and after photos to show you. Have him or her draw out (in a make-up pencil) exactly where they are planning to inject to correct your asymmetry, to ensure you are both on the same page. Voluma is a wonderful, effective product, and with a slight bit more you should achieve excellent symmetry. Best of luck! 

Voluma correction

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can definitely correct the asymmetry by using Voluma on your right cheekbone to lift and achieve a better balance. You should seek a Cosmetic Surgeon or Cosmetic Dermatologist who has significant knowledge of facial structures and anatomy.  As a Cosmetic Surgeon, I have vast knowledge in facial anatomy, and unfortunately, corrective fillers aren't easy without a significant amount of experience.  Voluma should be injected deep and over the bone to achieve a proper lift. You are welcome to contact my office, in New York, for a complementary evaluation.
Dr. Ariel Ostad

Ariel Ostad, MD

Voluma in the cheeks

Thank you for your question septembergirl. Voluma is a great product to enhance the cheeks. Most people have a slight asymmetry and this is perfectly normal. The great thing about hyaluronic acid products such as Voluma, Juvederm, and Restylane are that they can be dissolved if the results are not perfect. More can always be added as well. Voluma uses Vycross technology which gives it more longevity. This can also make it more difficult to dissolve. It is important to have your skin examined carefully so that the material is injected in the best location to enhance your appearance. Please consult with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Asymmetry after Voluma

You look beautiful in the picture that you submitted. I can see some mild asymmetry, but in this picture and at this angle, it is difficult to see just where you need added volume to even it out. Since you have tried hyaluronidase multiple times without satisfactory results, I would suggest you could have small increments of Voluma added to the side that appears smaller to get a more even appearance. 
Voluma can be molded after it is injected, and I recommend that it be massaged by the injecting practitioner after it is placed to get a more smooth appearance and feel. 
I have had great success with Voluma and love what we can do with it. I take a conservative approach when injecting because more can always be added, but it is much more difficult to remove because it is harder to predict the exact level of action of the hyaluronidase when used.
I recommend that you get more opinions in person from one or two practitioners that are experienced with Voluma injections and see what their recommendations are because it is difficult to advise the amount and areas to be injected without seeing you from every angle and without feeling your face.
Good luck with this! You are a beautiful woman!

Voluma and Asymmetry

Voluma is my favorite product to inject.  I would definitely have more product added to the  correct side to make is balanced.  Please consult an expert with cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green