What is the approx cost of liposuction for the abdominal and flanks? I am looking into have this done in the Ottawa, Canada.

I realize prices vary from place to place. So I would especially appreciate responses from doctors who are more familiar with the costs in Ottawa, ON, Canada. I would also consider Toronto and Montreal. Thank you so much!!

Liposuction fee

The fee for liposuction will vary from surgeon to surgeon and in different regions of the country. Best of luck.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- COST OF LIPO

Cost will be dependent on who is doing it, the techniques they use (VASER HI DEF is much more), if surgery ie skin cutting is needed at same time or fat grafting is performed, location of the country and expertise. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

What is the approx cost of liposuction for the abdominal and flanks?

Thank you for your question, this will all depend on your surgeon as for every surgeon the price differs.

Cost of liposuction

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Expect to pay $1000-$1500 per area for liposuction

Liposuction of the entire abdomen and flanks would be considered three areas. Depending on your size as well as the anesthetic chosen expect to pay $3000-$4500. This is the total cost.