Discoloration 2 years Post Lipo? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction - skin discoloration after 2 years
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- I am sorry this happened -
- Your photos suggests that the discoloration is pink/red, not brown.
- If this is correct, then I suggest a full vascular laser treatment with a 1064 NG yag or equivalent.
- A spot treatment may not be enough to tell.
- However if one full treatment shows no results, do not have more.
- Unfortunately, especially with heat-based liposuction (laser, vaser) the skin can be damaged and the color changes permanent.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Discoloration After Liposuction / Erythema Ab Liposuction / Skin Damage After Liposuction What Do I Do?
this is damage to the skin from liposuction and can be improved with vascular lasers and RF treatments but typically is permanent. Its an unfortunate risk with any liposuction procedure but moreso with laser or ultrasound procedures or aggressive approaches. Best, Dr. Emer.
Skin Discoloration after Liposuction
Skin discoloration is a risk after liposuction. A mottled pink hue can be noticed on the flanks and it can be temporary or permanent. Unfortunately I am not aware of a solution to this problem but there might be a laser that could help.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.