Is having only one leg swell very large normal after liposuction? (Photo)

My left leg got extremely swollen yesterday. Which is 5 days after surgery. My doctor just keep telling me to wear my compression socks and my medication for swelling. I'm concerned that this is not normal because my right leg is not swollen at all.

One Leg Swollen After Liposuction -- Liposuction Swelling After Surgery

It is normal to have asymmetrical swelling after liposuction but if you have symptoms please see your physician.  It takes weeks to months for swelling to resolve.  Lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and compression helps.  Best, Dr. Emer.

One leg swollen after liposuction - normal after surgery?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I believe you need to see your surgeon to be examined.
  • You are right - it is not normal to have one leg significantly more swollen after surgery.
  • It may be from too tight a bandage but you leg needs to be evaluated and the cause of the swelling treated.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. No this is not normal.  I advise that you contact your surgeon as soon as possible.  It is important that DVT be ruled out. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon