can I pay in an installment monthly or do I have to take loan for liposuctions?

i want to get liposuction in my belly,inner thighs and arms. I am wondering how you guys pay? I know it's real expensive and I can't afford for all of them right now but I really wanted to get it done before I go on a vacation. So I am wondering if there's any plan where I can pay few percent upfront and then pay monthly installment. Thank you

Can I pay in an installment monthly or do I have to take loan for liposuctions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Financing Options for Liposuction

Thank you for this wonderful question! One ever-present aspect of Cosmetic Surgery is cost. Yes, surgery is expensive although there are financing options available for you that are designed for use with cosmetic surgery. My office will accept CareCredit as well as Prosper Healthcare Lending as financing options. This allows my patients the opportunity to finance a portion or the entire surgery fee. Payment is due in full prior to surgery with my practice although by utilizing a financing plan you have the ability to spread your payments out for up to 60 months. I encourage you to discuss this further with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeons' office as they most likely offer financing plans as well. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck!

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Cosmetic surgery procedures are paid for prior to the procedure. At the time of your consultation the plastic surgeons office will assist you in gaining financial assistance for your liposuction.

Fred Suess, MD

Cosmetic Surgery Payments

Surgeries are paid for prior to completion.  You can look into credit plans such as care credit. The office will be able to help you with this. Good luck. :) 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting - Payment Plans

The payment process will vary from practice to practice. Many require a down payment, but a care credit can be used to make monthly payments. I suggest discussing your options with your physician. Best, Dr. Emer

It is hard to generalize about all plastic surgical offices but patients either pay in advance, place a charge on a credit card or use either M.D. Credit or Care Credit to finance the procedure.  Generally there is a requirement for some down payment to cover the minimal expenses in addition to the monthly payments.
Discuss with your selected board-certified plastic surgeon what options exist for you but be careful to not select your surgeon based solely on price and credit.  You are better off delaying the procedure until it it is affordable for you rather than entrusting your body to someone based solely on price.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Payment

Cosmetic surgery of whatever type is always paid for in full in advance of the surgery. So if you want to make payments you would need to finance the surgery through a company that does that such as Care Credit.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD