Am I a good candidate for chin implants? (Photos)

After 40, my face has changed a lot. It's becoming round and fatty. My profile was not like this few years ago. I have noticed my upper jaw and cheeks getting bigger or fattier and lower jaw is shrinking. Looking for angel's hand in tristate area.

Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation

You´re a great candidate for a chin implant surgery. With this procedure we can improve your profile and define your neck. In the same surgical procedure, I recommend to make a lipo under your chin to optimize the result.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction and chin implant surgery may lead to a stronger chin, and improved jawline.

Your photos appear to reveal excess fat under your chin, and a mildly retrusive chin. Depending on your examination, chin implant and neck liposuction surgery may be considered.

Thank you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for chin implant, jaw and cheeks getting bigger or fattier and lower jaw is shrinking.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is excess facial fat in front and below the cheeks as well as jowl. This combines to create a round shaped face. based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face. This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
"Jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Chin refinement

A chin implant would be an important part of your jawline restoration. In addition, reduction in far would benefit greatly. Liposuction or kybella combined with exilis tightening would be significant in the overall restoration of a more youthful neckline. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible candidate for chin implant

Based on your photos, I would say that you do appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation with an implant as well as liposuction under your chin.  Both of these procedures would help to balance your profile.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon