Am I a good candidate for chin implants? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation
You´re a great candidate for a chin implant surgery. With this procedure we can improve your profile and define your neck. In the same surgical procedure, I recommend to make a lipo under your chin to optimize the result.
Neck liposuction and chin implant surgery may lead to a stronger chin, and improved jawline.
Am I a good candidate for chin implant, jaw and cheeks getting bigger or fattier and lower jaw is shrinking.
A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
- Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face. This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
- Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
- Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.
You might also like...
Possible candidate for chin implant
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.