11cm BWD. Is 315cc even worth it if I want a fulll C? (Photo)

Currently going to consultations. I wear a 34A bra, though in my first consultation I was told I could technically be a small B. I thought I wants 375cc moderate plus implants for a nice full C small D. The surgeon I felt most comfortable with said I would need to compromise my goal size to find an implant that fits the diameter. Settling on Sientra HP 315CC. Stats: 5'1 136lbs athletic Suprasternal to Nipple: 19 and 19 Fold: 6 and 7.5 BWD: 11.5 and 12 This just seems SO small.

Size 315 cc HP Sientra implants

The final choice of implant is yours, with your surgeon's approval. We have, from time to time, reviewed and approved patients who want larger implants than their chest measurements may indicate. These patients , if selected properly, are very happy.  There are consequences to any implant choice and they are best discussed in person. Below is a patient who has a narrow chest and picked larger implants.  She is more than 5 years postop and still very happy (Sientra implants were not available then, so that tells you how long it has been). Again, only in person discussion can give you a specific recommendation. Spend as much time as you need before making a decision on both surgeon and size. Best wishes. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Sizing breast implants and predicting results

Although Dr. Pousti is correct that there is no exact measure of breast cup size results in augmentation there are some guidelines to consider. Implants must be properly sized to fit behind the base of your breasts if you want them to look natural. If your base breast width upright with arms down is only 11cm (average is 13cm) then you may not be able to get as much increase with one properly done augmentation as a woman with a wider breast in relation to the same chest circumference. For round, smooth surface breast implants positioned under the muscle, the largest increase would generally be two cup sizes with high profile implants that properly fit an average width breast. Your implants should be no wider than 10.25 cm and in the maximum profile. The number of cc's is found by looking up a 10.25 cm implant in high profile. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

11cm BWD. Is 315cc even worth it if I want a fulll C?

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Picking the right size implant

Thank you for your question, it is one of the most common questions I hear in my San Antonio Plastic Surgery practice.  From the BWD measurements you provided, you are certainly limited in implant sizes.  I would recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who offers 3D imaging in your area.  With the imaging, you can see what YOU would look like with different volume implants.  It gives you a good idea about your final size.
Hope this helps, good luck!

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

You should trust your plastic surgeon's advice for maximal size implant that will fit your chest, to minimize the risk for complications.  Often times the volume (cc's) of the silicone implant is a little bit different when you switch from a Mentor silicone gel to the Sientra highly cohesive silicone implants, these are all based on measurements.  

Dennis Dass, MD