Post Op care for softest results with gummy bear / highly cohesive implants?

I've heard that there are different post op practices and routines for patients to follow in order to break down as much scar tissue as possible to soften up gummy bear implants. Some doctors claim it is the scar tissue that creates much of the perceived firmness. I am wondering what advice is out there? I am switching from smooth round silicone unders to natrelle 410s and am fearful they'll be too firm. How do other doctors advise their patients?

Post Op Recovery and Healing

Patients will feel sore and tired during the first 48 to 72 hours following surgery. During these first few days, you may engage in light activities, but must refrain from lifting or raising  your arms above your head.

Swelling and bruising will subside during the first week after surgery and can be managed by pain medication. The initial surgical tapes will be removed a few weeks after surgery during a post operative visit. Revision patients typically may return to a work a few days after surgery (only a light workload during the first two weeks). Showers are permitted on post op day #3 if there are no drains.
Scars will progressively fade throughout the first year following surgery and products may be applied a fews later but only with your surgeon's permission.

Do not massage gummy bear implants

Gummy bear implants have a firm gel in order to hold a specific shape. They are textured so that they will stick in place in order to prevent them from rotating. Massage will interfere with this and there is no good evidence that it prevents capsular contracture anyway. The scar capsule does not make them feel firmer unless you have a contracture.

Richard Baxter, MD

Gummy implants

Yes, patients complain that they are firmer and do not move the same as round smooth implants.  Best of luck.

Given your concerns regarding "firmness", make sure that you feel the different breast implant options available to you.  In my opinion, the true "gummy bear" breast implants are relatively firm;  I very rarely use them in my practice.  Otherwise, you are correct in that different practices will have different "protocols"; best to follow your chosen plastic surgeon's recommendations. Best wishes.

Firmness

Dont use gummy bear implants, they are too firm -- it's not the scar tissue - the implants themselves are firm. The softe3st implants are silicone. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD