Went from 500 cc saline to 650 cc silicone, why are they not any larger? They look exactly the same. (Photo)

I am 51 yrs old had surgery three days ago went from a 500 cc under muscle mod profile saline implants to 650 cc silicone high profile , round under the muscle implants. They look the same size I see no difference what went wrong ? I wanted larger, fuller up top and round.

Fuller, round breasts

Just from looking at the photos, it seems you need a mastopexy(lift) to achieve your goals.  Just placing larger implants is not going to give you the upper pole fullness, as the implants will just weight down the breast

Talk to your PS about a lift.  Good luck

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole fullness

Not everyone can achieve the upper pole fullness they are looking for because of anatomical differences.  This has to do with the quality of the tissues and the position of the foundation of the breast on the chest wall.

Benefits of a Lift to Better Support Larger Implants

The objective of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.  A Breast Lift can also be done while having existing Breast Implants and can be used to correct #asymmetry.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Went from 500 cc saline to 650 cc silicone, why are they not any larger? They look exactly the same.

Going from a 500 mL implant to a 650 mL implant will increase your breast size by about 33%. It's only three days following your last surgery, and you also have some swelling from the surgery, so they are definitely larger. But the increase in size appears to be in the lower part of your breasts.

The problem is not only are they larger, but they are heavier. The more weight you add, the more you will sag. Your breast tissue appears unable to support the added weight enough to give you the fullness at the top that you want. 

To achieve that you need a mastopexy (an uplift), and if you want the fullness at the top to last, I suggest smaller, lighter in weight implants. A personal examination would be necessary to fully evaluate a plan to achieve your goals.

Thank you for your photographs and your question. Best of luck to you.

NO noticeable difference after upsizing breast implants

Unfortunately, (despite going much larger) you won't enjoy upper pole fullness from an implant due to the nature of your skin. Your skin is sagging and lacking structural strength to hold up the weight of the implant. You will need a breast lift to reposition the breast mound higher. Another issue is that your implants are not under the muscle, they are partially under the muscle. Muscle coverage is only on the top 1/4 of the implant, so again, there is nothing holding the implant in place. Talk to your surgeon specifically about these issues to find a good solution to your problem. I hope this helps. Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Upsizing

Good morning,

Basically the larger you are, the more it takes to make a difference, so I would not expect going from 500cc to 650cc would make that much of a difference. Also, you switched from saline to silicone. That doesn't make much sense- you wanted more upper pole fullness and roundness, but you switched from saline which provides more of that look to silicone, which always sits a little lower in the pocket with less upper pole "bump". My recommendation would be more along the lines of 800cc overfilled saline implants.

I wanted larger, fuller up top and round.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. You ask a very good question regarding whether or not your desired outcome is possible with revisionary surgery. Generally speaking, patients seeking a "round fake look" may or may not be able to achieve their desired outcome. Much depends on the patient starting point. 

Ultimately, it comes down to factors such as RATIO of native breast and soft tissue VERSUS  volume of native breast and soft tissue.  For example, if the patient has a lot of made of breast tissue present prior to surgery, it may be more challenging (or impossible) to achieve the rounder/fake look, compared to the patient who starts out with very little breasts/soft tissue initially. In other words, the patient with less tissue coverage will likely see the  round "implanted" look ( achievable with higher profile silicone gel implants or overfilled saline, for example).

Also (generally speaking), sometimes during these types of revisionary breast operations, adjustment of breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy or 'internal bra")  and/or breast lifting may be indicated as well. 

You may find the attached link, dedicated to many of these concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes.

Style and volume

SO, you did receive an implant that was 150cc larger(atleast if you have a implant device card to prove it), then your breasts are bigger. What your surgeon failed to mention to you was is that your Mod + saline implants have a similar projection/platform and your HP silicone implant. So if you wanted a lot more projection beyond that, you would have had to go UHP, going up 150cc probably only gave you 0.5ish cm of extra projection, which with your breasts you won't notice. Sorry you are disappointed.