Mentor breast implants warranty - going bigger. (photo)

I had mentor silicone 400cc unders put in and am unhappy with the size...I want to go a little bigger...does the mentor warranty cover changing out the size or will I have to pay for the actual implants again?

The Costs of Increasing Implant Size with a Revision

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket will need adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity.

#Costs of a #BreastLift will depend on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also remember that the addition of implants to the breast lift surgery will increase the cost.

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for further revision surgeries. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mentor breast implants warranty - going bigger.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast augmentation surgery.  You will find that the manufacturer warranty will not cover revisionary breast surgery implants when it comes to "size concerns".

Policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well. Costs of revisionary surgery may range from zero, to anesthesia/surgery center fees, to discounted surgeon's fees.

When it comes to successful revisionary breast surgery, I would suggest that you communicate your goals very carefully with your plastic surgeon. In our practice, this is best done with the help of computer imaging and goal photographs.  Working together you will come up with a good plan to improve your outcome during the upcoming planned procedure.    Best wishes.

Mentor Warranty

Mentor warranty is valid for patients that experience a deflation of an implant.  Patient choice to remove and replace for size change would not be an expense that Mentor would cover with its warranty. 

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant warranty does not cover exchange for larger size.

Sorry, but Mentor (or Allergan or Sientra) warranties cover deflation for saline implants, or defect in silicone implants, but not elective size change, regardless of whose "fault" the incorrect size choice was. Cost for revision surgery, especially for size change--the most common reason for re-operation in most plastic surgeons' practices--SHOULD have been discussed BEFORE your surgery. But, alas, it appears as if yet again this either went undisclosed or perhaps unremembered. In every surgeon's office I know, you would be responsible for operating room, anesthesia, and new implant costs, but reduced or no surgeon's fee. 

Also, a size increase will require a minimum of 60-100cc larger implants for a small visible change; to go up a full cup size will require 200-250cc more per side, if your anatomy allows.Your photo is insufficient to make this determination, but you may want to avoid over-correcting and going too large. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Mentor breast implants.

We use very many Mentor Memory Gel breast implants and the warranty is very good with wonderful support to both surgeons and patients. They do cover premature wear or rupture, and capsular contracture. You can call the resource number on your implant card you received after augmentation and they will walk you through your benefits.

You pay

unfortunately changing to a bigger size you will be required to pay for the new implants. You should wait 4-6 months for everything to settle after your initial surgery until you make a final decision. 

Implant exchange

An implant exchange is not covered by the warranty. The warranty coves against defects in the implant only.

Breast implant exchange

Hello and thank you for the question. I would urge you to be patient. At three weeks, you are only beginning to heal. Your photo shows a very good result so far with no obvious sign of complication. 

Every time you go under surgery, there are always risks. Even if the first time went well, there is NO guarantee you will have the exact same result next time. Risks are rare but they do happen. 

The warranty does NOT cover size changes because of personal preference. 

It's important to wait until you have fully healed before changing your size. Most women after a year are generally happy with their size even if early on, they had wished to be larger. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

#BreastImplants #BreastEnlargement - Mentor breast implants warranty

My understanding is that this would not be covered by their warranty.  They do cover a defect in the implant itself, and offer various programs toward replacement if something like that happens.  Going larger, though, is not covered as far as I know.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Breast implant warranty

Your post operative picture looks like you have a fantastic result. Sorry you are unhappy with your size.  Going significantly larger at your first augmentation could well have resulted in a less aesthetic outcome. Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover exchange of implant without implant defect.  As your photograph is listed as "3 weeks Post Op," I would recommend delaying any upsizing for at least several months until you have had some time to experience the current implant size.