I'm 6 weeks post rhinoplasty. Should my nose be straight and centered? Will "molding" really help straighten out the nose?

I am 6 weeks post op from an asian rhinoplasty where I got an autologous implant. My nose looks slightly deviated and not perfectly centered. My surgeon instructed me to continue molding my nose to help straighten/center it out. Is this normal? Shouldn't my nose be centered and straight 6 weeks post surgery? I feel even more self conscious about my nose :( . Not sure what I should do.. or what my options are if my nose doesn't straighten out .

Asian Rhinoplasty - 6 weeks post op

At 6 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years.

You have not reached your final shapeas the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD