Getting an Asian nose? (Photo)

Hi, I'm half Chinese and Hispanic, I have other features that I show that it's clear, but I wanted to know if it'd be possible for me to have a flatter and more bigger nose like an Asian nose? How much would this cost?

Asian Rhinoplasty

I have many mixed-race friends, and being Asian myself, I can certainly relate to your feelings regarding your cultural identity.  I have a feeling that you are quite young, and that certainly makes things more difficult.  I can see that you relate more to your Asian side at the moment, but things may change as you get older.  In my humble opinion, I do not think plastic surgery is the best option for you right now.  It's amazing how our view of the world and ourselves change as we age; so don't be in a rush to jump into surgery quite yet.  

Making a nose more Asian

I don't recommend doing surgery to change your ethnicity. Frequently when people request this, further probing will show that what is really desired is a nicer version of the nose they currently have. There are areas where your nose can be improved - for example it can be made a little shorter. I would recommend a consultation with someone who understands ethnic variations and good aesthetic sense.

Charles S. Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty - adjusting larger nose to an Asian one

Thank you for asking about your rhinoplasty.

• So it's always good to remember your general look - and you are lovely.
  • Now to your question - yes, a large nose can be made smaller although a small, flat Asian nose might not be exactly right for your face.
  • The best approach is to get some photos of the noses in your family that you like (front and profile) and have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon.
  • Then at the consultation you both can sit down and view your photos and figure out the look you want and how to make it look right for you! 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Finally, the investment for this procedure rounds
$3,000 USD Standard package
$4,350 USD "All Inclusive Package".
Ps: currently there are important limited seasonal offers with which you can get even better price.
For more information please contact us and ask for our Limited Discount Coupons.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Just becuase you can doesn't mean you should

Who are we, random strangers on the internet, to give you advice about whether you should pursue plastic surgery?  That said, I don't think you should do anything.  You are beautiful and should leave your nose along, in my humble opinion.  Yes, it might be possible to make your bridge flatter and your nose wider overall, but this is not a common situation and so I would not believe anyone who says they are an "expert" in this.  I don't buy in the the idea of "ethnic rhinoplasty".  Every patient should discuss what they want to achieve with their rhinoplasty surgery (maybe including computer imaging) and then the surgeon should be able to achieve that result with various techniques.  There is nothing special about "ethnic" rhinoplasty in terms of technique.  It's all about what you are trying to achieve artistically and every good rhinoplasty surgeon should needs to be able to talk to the patient and figure this out.   Look at what Dr. Constantian says about it in the link below.  
I think you will end up getting a result that will make you more conflicted about your identity than you are already.  Embrace your beautiful mixed ethnicity.  Don't let anyone operate on you. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty - Getting an Asian nose?

Hello AvaCharb1,
Thanks for your question.
By the way, your current nose looks beautiful.
That being said, it sounds like you are contemplating trying to bring out more of your Asian ancestry in the look of your nose.
For what you are contemplating, you would need slighly wider nasal bones, a lower bridge projection, and possible decreased tip projection to place your nose closer to your face.  While it might help to widen the position of your nostrils, this is hard to do without grafting tissue into the nostril base, and this would show a weird scarring.
Proper medical photography to show your face and nose from various angles will be necessary for a surgeon to help you with this concern.
I would recommend that you consult with an Ethnic rhinoplasty specialist in your area.  My practice is roughly 60% Ethnic rhinoplasty and you are welcome to contact us for more information.
Please see my link below from my Youtube channel where I discuss the cost of rhinoplasty.  If you travel elsewhere for surgery you need to plan for those extra costs as well.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full set  of photographs are required before making a determination about what can be accomplished with the patient's own pre-existing cartilage, bone and skin structure. Most  Asians desire a higher profile not a flatter profile. Computer imaging performed in the office setting would be a good communication tool to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure.

AvaCharb1, you need to see an expert rhinoplasty specialist with decades of experience to answer your question. Your photo by itself is not going to give a reliable answer. A piece of advice, people tend to be their own worst critics and I do not see an unattractive young lady here. Search the Internet and look for good photos of the doctors work. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon