20 days post op Gore-Tex Asian rhinoplasty. Radix high. Slope middle. High tip. Why is my nose curved and not straight? (Photo)

My radix is high, makes my eyes a bit cross eyed. My original nose was curved to begin with. My radix looks like I have bump. High and very prominent looking upfront. My tip nose feels tender but not much. Radix part feels normal. I am worried it might not go down since I dont see any swelling. My doctor said it will go down by 10% in 3 months time, I trust him that it will. He told me, my nose has a double break, to soften the look. However, the radix being high, it looks unnatural not soft. Thank you.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Asian Rhinoplasty - Recovery First

At 3 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years.

You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Patience is key with recovery from Asian rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry. Each person recovers differently from Asian rhinoplasty. Subtle changes and definition of the nose will continue to develop over the next several months as the nose heals and settles, and it can take up to 1 year to achieve complete healing. At 20 days post-op, it's still too early to know with certainty what the end result will look like.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty recovery takes some time and patience

It's too early to tell.  Take note that it typically takes 9 months to a full year before the final shape becomes apparent.  

Give yourself enough time to adjust to the new appearance of your nose.  You may find that your bridge looks too high initially and might be too anxious with your result, until you get used to your new look. 

Most rhinoplasty surgeons feel that the bridge of the Asian nose should not go beyond the eyelashes or at least at the same level to preserve the patients' ethnicity and create a new nose that looks natural relative to the rest of their face. 

I hope that helps and good luck.

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. At 20 days out you are still fairly swollen. In addition to this one picture of your nose this close up is not enough to determine what may be going on. I would suggest including other views from a frontal and oblique view to really assess your nose from multiple dimensions. 

Best wishes 
Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician