Rib cartilage graft absorbtion? Why is this? (photos)

I had asian rhinoplasty using rib cartilage graft + fascia to lengthen & augment the bridge & tip of nose. I was really happy around the 6th month post op (picture above), my bridge & tip just the perfect height for me. I noticed since the surgery after every week or so my bridge & tip would keep getting lower in height, I didn't mind because my surgeon told me my nose will keep changing till fully healed but now 14 months later my bridge & tip still continues to get lower! 

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rib graft Asian rhinoplasty

There is some settling post surgery. Overall it looks like a nice result. The tip is rotating upward a little bit more than at the 6mo mark. Looking over some of your older posts, your preop nose was a little short and it looks like you had some counter-rotation at the tip initially by the surgeon. Some of this is relapsing over time - whether it's due to resorption of some other process is hard to say. 

Charles S. Lee, MD

Change in bridge and tip height after Asian rhinoplasty

Rarely, does diced rib cartilage wrapped with fascia resorb significantly. The changes you are seeing are more likely as a result of swelling in the nose and especially in the tip that has been decreasing with time. Swelling in the Asian nose tip can take 18 months to resolve completely.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Rib Cartilage Resorption

It is very difficult to see what you are describing. It is unlikely your rib graft has resorbed. It might be swelling, but it is certainly not visible in your photos.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS