How to sleep after liposuction and fat transfer to hips?

Hi I'm planning to have liposuction to my lower, upper and love handles and have the fat transfered to my hips. What is the best position to sleep in?

Sleep position after liposuction and fat transfers

Thank you for your question about your liposuction and fat transfers.

Usually the most comfortable way to sleep will be on your stomach or on your back with pillows to support you. Your surgeon should be your guide and different surgeon's have different recommendations.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

The important principle here is to avoid pressure on the areas of the fat where it has been reinjected. Therefore sleeping on the back or the tummy might be best as positions. Also using fluffy pillows to support any contact areas of fat transfer helps.

Sleeping position after liposuction

The short answer is whichever position is most comfortable for you!  I recommend using a lot of pillows to prop yourself up.  You should avoid pressure on the area of the fat injections.  Some patients are very comfortable sleeping on their abdomens whereas others never sleep in this position and would prefer to move from side to side.

How to sleep after fat transfer to the hips

Thank you for the question. For my patients I recommend sleeping on the sides with extra pillows for cushions or the stomach and not reclining so as not to put pressure on the area where the fat was transferred to. 

Please confirm with your Plastic surgeon.

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Buttock fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. I usually recommend sleeping on your abdomen after this procedure.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Sleep position

If you have fat injection placement, then it is probably best to lie on your stomach.  You should also ask your surgeon.