Am I a good candidate for Calf and Ankle Liposuction? What is the worst that can go wrong? (photos)

Calf Reduction

Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their ankles. The skin typically retracts well and the incisions are easily hidden in the body's natural contours in the sides of the ankles. Because a procedure on such bony body parts requires delicacy, I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It involves less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of fat, but also resculpts the body.  

When looking for a surgeon for something very specific, such as liposuction of the calves and ankles, it is important to find a doctor who routinely performs the procedure and who can show you before and after pictures of patients that they have operated on. These images will not only give you a sense of the surgeon’s skill, but will help you to better visualize the procedure for yourself.

Liposuction for 'Cankles'

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. From your pictures, it does appear than liposuction of your calf and ankle could achieve desirable definition for your lower legs. I would recommend that you schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with liposuction in this delicate area. He/she can then explain the safest and most effective options to eliminate your ‘cankles’. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

See an Expert for Great Results-Calf and Ankle Liposuction with Venus Legacy

I recommend a formal consultation to find out if you're a candidate. Liposuction in combination with Venus Legacy can give you great results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I a good candidate for Calf and Ankle Liposuction? What is the worst that can go wrong?

Thank you for your question you are a good candidate for lower legs liposuction using Laser Lipolysis System which is designed to be applied in gentle parts of body. In NIL technique, a cannula having fluctuation, rotation, and vibration movements creating ultrasonic waves allows removing fat tissue gently and safely without harming any other tissues. The vibrations and ultrasound waves of the device releases stem cells adhered to fat cells. Released stem cells helps to healing process and results with natural and fresher look. NIL doesn’t require large incisions on skin but very small entering hole for the cannula as a result it is almost impossible to notice. Compared with surgical techniques, as there is no incisions during surgery, there is no fluctuations or bumps on skin after the procedure providing a smoother look. Additionally most recent simple and safe technique NIL is done under local anesthesia in most application areas so that patient can return normal activities the next day.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon