H shaped Butt. Will Lipo of "love handles" reshape it to round/heart? (photos)

As you can see I have an H shaped butt. There is excess fat right above my butt. I'm wondering if lipo of the love handle area especially on the sides "above" 'butt would remedy this?

Liposuction Can Reshape Butt

Removing your love handles will help you get the more heartlike shape you are seeking. Liposuction would work well, as would a noninvasive fat-elimination technique such as CoolSculpting, Vanquish or Thermi. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist who can help you choose the best method to get the shape you desire.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction to improve appearance of buttocks?

Thank you  for your question about your liposuction around your buttocks.

Yes - I think your idea is excellent. You are a very good candidate for a careful liposuction of the waist and lower back. I would hesitate to liposuction the sides of the buttocks - your buttock shape is good and it might detract if fat is removed from that area. The removed fat can be injected to contour the buttocks if you and your surgeon agree this will look pretty.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Liposuction

Yes, careful liposuction of the posterior hips and waist, as well as lateral thighs will help reshape the buttocks.  These areas 'frame' the butt, and really are a major contributor to its appearance. Additionally, the minimal fat obtained could also be used to shape the actual buttock mound. Although not necessary, it would also contribute to making a rounder appearance. Remember, don't go for a machine, look for a surgeon with experience and skill. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Improving the Frame Around the Buttocks

Your buttock shape can be improved but the amount of improvement depends on how much fat is available in the frame.  In your case, the areas to be addressed would be the waist, love handles, lower back, and tailbone (between the back dimples).  It would be best to take that fat and place it into the outer part of the buttocks to help round it out.  This can easily be accomplished under local anesthesia with light sedation.  That way your recovery is much quicker.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for contouring liposuction and fat grafting to the buttock.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Brazilian butt lift

I have been doing this procedure for over 15 years with amazing results.  After training at UCLA and Brazil with Ivo Pitanguy father of modern plastic surgery and being at the Plastic Surgery Center of Beverly Hills where the first liposuction was introduced and performed in the US over 35 years ago is a blessing.  The technique and experience makes all the difference.  See the actual patients and talk to multiple patients is the best way to see what you would expect. 

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Reshaping the butt via liposculpture of the hip rolls

You appear to be a very good candidate for liposculpture of your hip rolls and can expect a nice contour improvement of your hips and butt.  The degree of improvement will depend on the amount of fat present and can best be determined with a face to face exam.  Seek a Bd Certified plastic surgeon with lipo experience and review before and after photos.  Enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

H shaped Butt. Will Lipo of "love handles" reshape it to round/heart?

Thank you for the question and photos. Based on your photos, you have an "A" shape not an "H" shape buttock. If you draw a line from the side of the love handles to the lateral thigh/buttock junction (at the level of your wrists in the back photo), this forms an "A". This is the best and easiest frame for enhancing the buttocks. You will have a great result with VASER Hi Def Liposuction. Without this technique a lot of fat can be wasted, which you cannot afford! You need fat collected from your back, waist, hips, abdomen and inject into the buttocks for shaping and enhancement. I trained with Dr. Alfredo Hoyos of Bogota, Colombia, the inventor of this advanced body sculpting technique. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

To round out your buttock region, I would agree with liposuction of the lower back and flank region. That fat can be placed in the lateral buttock to enhance the buttock curve and give a superior result. God luck!