What procedure for hip dip? How much would it cost? (Photos)

I have huge hip dips and I just want them to be filled. It doesn't have to be my fat, it could be implants too I don't mind. Which one would cost less?

Doctor Answers 5

Hip dip

Hello and thank you for your question. The best way to resolve the hip dip is with appropriate liposuction and fat grafting. If however the dip is secondary to weight loss or if you have significant laxity of the skin in that area then a lower body lift with a hip flap might be the right approach. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Liposuction: hip contouring

Hello and thank you for the question and the photo. based on the photo and your goals, it would be recommended to have liposuction and fat transfer. There are no appropriate implants for this. I would suggest having liposuction above and below the "dip" followed by fat transfer into the dip. This will give you the smoothest option and help contour the dip and make it less visible. 

The surgery commonly takes ~2 hours and is done on an outpatient basis. 

You should prepare for about 1-2 weeks off of work to recover, and about a month out of the gym. 

As always best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are being managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction and fat grafting.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 125 reviews

Hip Dip

While physical exam is optimal, it appears that fat transfer is your best option. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Hip dip

I would probably lower them a bit in the upper hip area and fill the lower area to better balance it. But I would have to see in person. Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.