Will the tip of my nose drop when it softens after rhinoplasty?

Hi there. I am 8 weeks post op and the tip is still very hard, which is to be expected. When I run my finger along it I can feel where the tip starts as it is rock hard and kind starts pointing upwards. My question is, when the tip softens and swelling in it reduces, will my nose drop a little? Thank you!

Will tip soften?

The tip of the nose is typically the last spot to heal. Swelling in this area can last for 3 months plus so yes, it will soften with time so, for now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. You can reassess at 6 months post op and if you still unhappy then, schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Be patient: it will get softer and lower a bit

Thanks for your question. 

The tip usually softens a little as healing period ends. It also looks higher than normal the first couple of months sometime (specially in open rhinoplasty). Be patient, rhinoplasties are the operations that take longer to see the final outcome. 

Take care, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD