Swim goggles and resuming water sports after rhinoplasty?

Dear Dr's I have performed rhinoplasty 14 weeks ago and im yet worried to get back into the water. I am a swimmer, My surgeon has advised me 6 weeks to get back in the water but when i wear goggles i see some marks on my nose and i stopped swimming til this day. Any advice if i can resume to swim? And when can i dive. Thanks

Post operative activity

Thank you for your question.  Since your surgeon knows you best, and what was done to your nose during the operation, I HIGHLY recommend following his/her recommendations to stay out of the water.  Since you have already discussed this with your doctor, you can continue to ask if you can go back any earlier as you recover.  I would definitely not recommend doing something against your doctor's advice, especially if he has specifically given you some directions about swimming.

Sorry to be so strict, but we want you to have the best results and lowest risk for complication - while other surgeons may be more liberal with their post operative instructions, I wouldn't recommend trying to find a way out of your doctor's guidance.  He wants the best for you as well, I'm sure.   Plus a few more weeks will be gone before you know it.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Swimming post rhinoplasty

It sounds as if your surgeon has given you the all clear to go back in the pool. Most goggles leave marks on the nose. These should disappear within an hour. If you are still concerned then schedule an appointment with your surgeon to be seen in person, but I think you are fine. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD