My nose is bigger than normal, and looks bulbous. My doctor said I need to wait a few days. Will it go back to normal? (Photo)

I have a tiny Irish button nose, when I smile now it looks like a big triangle. My doctor says it probably isn't broken, I'm worried I won't have my old nose back.

Nose Swelling

Sorry to hear about the swelling of your nose. Did you have trauma to your nose? I would give it 4 weeks to heal and let the swelling go down before I would suggest to do anything. Once the swelling has gone down and if you are still not satisfied with the results I would suggest to book a consultation with a Board Certified Doctor to discuss what to do next.

Nose swelling

Hi there, thanks for the question.  It sounds like you may have had an injury to your nose.  If this is the case, please be patient.  Swelling of the nose can take a long time to settle down.  If you are unhappy with the shape after it heals, please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Swollen nose

You don't mention whether you had an injury to your nose. If so, it could take a few weeks for the swelling to resolve.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Post trauma swelling

It is normal to have swelling post trauma to the nose which can completely throw off the shape. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as you heal. The swelling should resolve within 6 weeks and your nose should return to normal. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

Based on your question, it sounds as if you sustained nasal trauma recently.  Swelling after trauma is common and can temporarily change the appearance. However, if you are concerned about possible fracture, you should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.  

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

My Nose is Bigger Than Normal

I am assuming you had nasal trauma; If I'm correct when did this happen? Make sure you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist for an evaluation and discussion of your alternatives at this time.