Does your entire body swell after Tummy Tuck?

I'm on day 7 post op, abdominoplasty + flank lipo. Is it normal for my thighs to be very swollen? When will it go away? Also how many more inches can I expect to lose off my tummy once the swelling is gone? I can't see yet under my garment but I feel larger than before.

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Additionally, it may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

Swelling after tummy tuck

Swelling is very common after a tummy tuck.  This can take 4-6 months if not longer to settle down. Best of luck.

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Although what you are describing sounds quite normal ( fluid retention around the time of surgery),  always best to address your questions/concerns directly by your plastic surgeon. Patience is definitely indicated; it will take many months and even beyond one year to see the final outcome of the procedure performed. Best wishes.

Swelling after Tummy tuck

Swelling after any operation is expected to occur as the body retains fluid in response to surgery. Patients also experience constipation which can add to bloating. Make sure your binder isn't too tight and that you are walking around. Swelling can descend because of gravity. Be patient. It can take weeks to months for the swelling to resolve.